Dust control features for material handling systems has been developed by Danieli Procome as a matter of concern on Health & Safety factors within the Meltshop.
This new concept also reverts in low cleaning expenses with a very interesting pay-back of the investment.
Dust control features can be implemented in new projects as well as in existing installations after a dedicated study of the Meltshop.
- DISCHARGING POINT
- CHARGING AREA
- HORIZONTAL BELT CONVEYOR
- SHUTTLE BELT CONVEYOR
- ELEVATING BELT CONVEYOR
- Significant reduction of the dust emission.
- Economical savings because it extends the service life of the devices involved in the material handling.
- Reverts in lowest cleaning expenses.
- Very interesting pay-back of the investment.
- Flexible equipment that allows its implementation in new projects as well as in existing installations.
- Special devices have been designed for controlling the critical points, like charging and discharging areas.
- For those projects where the dust is a big headache there are some optional packs for an extra control.
- The system can be adapted to different belt conveyor types: elevating, horizontal or reversible shuttle.
ADJUSTABLE MATERIAL DEFLECTORAn adjustable deflector is placed at the head of the belt to guide the material flow at the correct unloading point.
DUST CHAIN RECLAIMERCollets the detached material and conveys it back to the material flow.
HIGH EFFICIENCY BELT SCRAPERMade of several segment blades mounted on independent spring system. Regulation of the assembly is easily done by an accessible screw system.
CLEANING ROLLS (OPTIONAL PACK)Two helical rolls detach the dust from the returning belt strad.
DOUBLE LIP SKIRT
The double lip skirt is place along the loading area to avoid dust exit at the loading point.
LOADING CHANNELCenters the material flow along the center line of the belt avoiding spillage, belt misalignment and backwards movements. A rubber back skirt avoids the dust exit.
IMPACT AREALateral rolls are substituted by low friction nylon plates to guarantee a perfect sealing.
SPECIAL RETURNING ROLLS (OPTIONAL PACK)All returning idlers rolls are disc type to avoid as much as possible the contact with the belt.
BRUSH TYPE SEALINGGap between shuttle conveyor and conveyor cover is closed by a brush type sealing.
PNEUMATIC SEALING DEVICEA pneumatic sealing device is installed to close the gap between the discharge point and the silo material entry.
SHAKING DRUMThe shaking drum hits the belt to clean it.
DUST RECOVERY HOPPERThis hopper collects the dust from the shaking drum and conveys the dust to the loading area.
BELT SCRAPERA “V” type belt scraper is placed at the internal face of the belt to detach any embedded particle of material which may damage the belt.
DUST CHAIN RECLAIMER (OPTIONAL PACK)Collects the spillage material and conveys it back to the material flow. The aim of this equipment is to recirculate the dust. This equipment can be place on flat and on elevating belt conveyor.