The work of a dust conveying solutions seems easy: collect the dust of the fume treatment plant and transport it to the silo where will be stored until being downloaded into truck. But if this easy work fails, could as far as stop all the Melt shop. That is the reason why in Danieli Procome we design our dust conveying solutions focusing on the high reliability of the installation.
For each project are supplied all necessary components to a complete FTP dust conveying and storing solution, always adapted to the needs of the plant. The system is thought as a whole, with a strong structure and a robust design due to the very high demand materials that are transported. Besides this, to save cost and downtime, the maintenance of this type of installation has been reduced to minimum. In addition to the dust conveying these installations are equipped to avoid dusting emissions, to preserve the area free of dust as much as possible.
- Full automatic handling system thanks to the use of devices actuated by sensors. Standard design that allows an easier and quicker connection between the existing equipment and the new one.
- The dust is downloading into silos for a subsequent uploading onto trucks in completely closed system.
- Specially designed for fume treatment plant bag filter.
- Structure and links fixing made by screws, which make possible an easy replacement of the components.
- The dust conveying includes: fluidification system, vertical chain conveyor, horizontal chain conveyor, telescopic tube, rotary valves, minifilter, storage silo and slide gate.
View the embedded image gallery online at:
http://danieliprocome.com/index.php/en/steel-making/dust-conveying#sigProId150588b88aView the embedded image gallery online at:
The drag chain conveyor is the very heart of the dust conveyor system. Other components are necessary but a drag chain conveyor, robust and well-adapted to the features of the installations, makes the system reliable and long lasting.
- Inspections doors with interior safety net, as per European standard CE II-B.
- Body sections up to 7,1 metres. Less union points, so less problems.
- “Float seal” between bag filters and drag chain conveyor, to avoid the drag chain conveyor body expansion due to the high temperature of the dust. Made of rubber resistant to hot and rips.
- Hot-forged and mechanized.
- Made in Europe with first-class material quality.
- Breaking strain from 320kN to 290kN for a 142mm pitch chain and 195kN for a 101,4mm pitch chain.
- Made of manganese steel to obtain a very high resistance.
- Avoid unwanted wearing in the body.
- Mounted on a bearing bracket with “graphite seal” for high temperature and low friction to give watertightness to the structure.
- Operated by chain hop.
- Maintenance-free system (partiality dipped in oil, so that the lubrication is made in a continuous and independent way).
- Mechanical fuse to avoid chain surges and to minimize the potential damages.
- The driving wheel consist of several segments fixed by screw. If one of cogs must be substituted only will be necessary to unscrew this segment and place a new one, without dismantling of the driving wheel.
- Graphite seals.
- Rotation detector, to have a drive control.
- Tensioning system by means of spring or plate washers (keep the position ensuring the chain tension).
- Idler with superficial hardening to increase its lifetime.
- Dust and water protection IP54. Option of pressurizing the drag chain conveyor to assure much more its watertightness. Water and humidity are the big enemies of the drag chain conveyor. The dust that conveys is such fine that in case of water or humidity entrance, when mixed, it may generate a dough similar to cement inside the drag chain conveyor. This will mean the collapse of the system and the complete substitution of it (with the associated cost).
- Union between sections sealed with sponge neoprene to avoid water entrance. For maintenance operation the neoprene can be removed and substituted in a very simple way.
- Drag chain conveyor paint, both inside and outside, is applied as per an “B-cycle”.
- Speed fluctuates between 50mm and 100mm per second.